• Thursday, Oct 14: Young Adults Fellowship meeting at Jonathan Weng’s home (7:30 PM).
• Friday, Oct 15: Everglow Youth Fellowship – Ruth: Woman of Loyalty (7:30 PM Youth Room 160).
• Saturday, Oct 16: Canaan 30th Anniversary Bazaar (11 AM – 2:30 PM)
• Sunday, Oct 17:
– Youth Sunday School (10 AM Youth Room 160): Philippians study
– English Worship (11 AM Second Floor) Tim Tseng speaks on “Rebooting Prayer” (Luke 18:1-8)
– Agape Family Group (4 PM Fellowship Hall): Fellowship and sharing time
Oct. 13, 2010
Dear Canaan EMers,
What a great day! Tears and shouts of joy could be heard around the world. After seventy days, the thirty-three miners trapped in the San Jose mine in Chile have all been safely rescued! I am amazed at how healthy they looked. I can’t imagine staying in a dark, confined space for that long without losing my mind. This was truly a remarkable story of persistence in community and I am eager to hear their heroic stories.
It has been a year since the earthquake in our English ministry that led to the departure of a pastor who had served for eighteen years along with many good friends. Those of us who remained might have felt like the Chilean miners – trapped in a “dark” space with a few co-laborers. But just as faith and persistence enabled the miners to survive their ordeal, our faith and persistence has kept us together. Our work has been rebooted and now we are ready to soak in the sunshine of a new day!
I’m truly blessed to have had the privilege of walking with you during these past seven months. Should God call me to stay longer, it would be an honor and an exciting challenge to walk with you beyond the reboot. Your persistence will lead to a renewal of mission and purpose!
God has brought all of us to Canaan for a good purpose. Please stay persistent in your volunteer efforts. Stay persistent in growing tighter bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood. Stay persistent in your desire to seek God’s kingdom in all of life, including your own.
Beginning Advent (Nov. 28), start looking for renewal of vision, mission, and purpose for all of Canaan. So be a persistent community! I look forward to seeing you at the Bazaar this Saturday!