Though we are not a mega-church, our facility is large enough that it can be difficult to find one’s way around. This page will help you navigate our worship and Sunday programs. Here are some basic information about our English ministry worship:
We believe that worship is the work of all God’s people: This means that we encourage everyone in our English ministry to participate in worship – children, youth, and adult. Though we usually use contemporary forms of worship, we embrace a wide range of styles and encourage experimentation. Every time we worship, we want to embrace our diverse cultures as God’s gifts to us, speak out against forces in our world that lead to sin and death, and create a culture of renewal in Christ. If you are interested in participating in worship, contact Brian Chen, our Deacon of worship [email Brian]
We use the Revised Common Lectionary: At the heart of evangelical and Protestant worship is the proclamation of the Word. This means that the Bible is central to our convictions, practices, and, indeed, our lives. Between Advent and Easter, our pastors will preach through the Revised Common Lectionary (RCL) as our guide through the Bible. The RCL can help the Church walk through the Christian calendar (which follows the life of Christ) and connects us to the wider Global Church. For more information about the RCL and the Christian calendar visit the CRI/Voice Institute (crivoice.org). Quick access to the RCL can be found here: lectionary.library.vanderbilt.edu. From Pentecost to Thanksgiving, our sermons are topical or expository.
|[link to church floor plan]||English Ministry Sunday Schedule|
|9:00 AM||Session Prayer meeting (Rm 102)|
|9:50||• Children’s worship rooms ready to receive children
• Snacks and refreshments served on the second floor (Worship Hall 3) most Sundays.
|10:05||English Worship (2d Floor aka Worship Hall 3)
|10:35||Children’s Worship – continued
• PreK-Kindergarten grade Small Group (115)
• 1st-2nd grade Small Group (117)
• 3rd–4th grade Small Group (118)
• 5th-6th grade “Leader & Helper” Program; kids will alternate months in preparing to lead worship or helping out in younger classes (102)
|11:15||Children’s Transition to Sunday School Class or Pick Up Procedure:
• Kids will either stay in classroom to wait for Sunday School teacher or be taken to their Sunday School classrooms at 11:15 a.m. To pick up your child, please go to your child’s Sunday School classroom, as listed below.
|English Ministry Adults (Second Floor)|
|Youth Sunday School (Room 160)|
|Children’s Sunday School
Class Dismissal/Pick up procedure (12:30 p.m.):
• Please pick up kindergarten and younger kids by 12:40 p.m.
• Teachers will dismiss 1st to 6th graders to go to the lunch area in the Fellowship Hall to wait for their parents.
|12:30 PM||Lunch (Fellowship Hall): $2/person, free for visitors.|