- Gift-filled shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child is due Nov. 21.
- Goal is 500 boxes to reach 500 children.
- OCC shoe box packing dates are:
- Sun. Nov. 14:10-10:55 AM Fellowship Hall
- Sat. Nov. 20: 3-5 PM, Fellowship Hall
Whoever welcomes in my name one of these children, welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me, welcomes not only me but also the one who sent me.” Mark 9:37
Dear Canaan brothers and sisters,
Praise God for your love and compassion to share Jesus Christ to hurting children around the world. Despite economic hardships, a record number of 8.2+ million children heard the gospel of Jesus Christ through Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Shoebox Project in 2009.
Canaan was a proud part of OCC last year. We packed and delivered 270 shoeboxes! For 2010, we want to reach 500 hurting little brothers and sisters globally. In addition, we encourage you to use this shoe box packing ministry as an opportunity to share God’s love with your friends and family locally. Compassion for hurting children is universal!
Here are many ways you can choose to get involved:
1. Pack shoe boxes: Here is a list of items what you can put in the shoe boxes. (please note that all items need to be new):
- School supplies: pen, pencil, eraser, color pencil, marker, crayon, small notebook, solar calculator
- Toys: small cars, stuffed animal, dolls, toy jewelry, balls, small music instruments, jump rope
- Hygiene: toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, brush, hair pins, socks, t-shirts, bar soaps
- Others: flash light with batteries, lollipops, hard candies.
DO NOT INCLUDE: Used or damaged items; war-related toy or figures, knives, guns; chocolate; food; out-of-date candy; bubbles; lotions; liquid soap; breakable items and glass containers.
- Drop your donations in the plastic container at OCC table in the Fellowship Hall.
- Gift-filled shoe boxes are due 11/21 in Fellowship Hall.
2. Donate items from the list above and we will pack them for you at the OCC Sunday School on Nov. 14 and OCC Fellowship on Nov. 20.
3. Host an OCC party-Share the love of God with friends, family, coworkers or neighbors.
4. Donate $20 for a gift-filled shoe box in your name-( includes a flash light, toothpaste and toothbrush, school supplies, small toys, stuffed animal, hard candies and $7 for shipping). Give money to your fellowship group leader or give to Wendy at OCC table before Nov. 7 (Check payable to CTCC)
5. Pray for the hurting children who will be receiving the shoeboxes that they will also receive Jesus into their lives. And pray for the Volunteers.
Thank you for sharing the love of Christ to your friends, family and hurting children through a joyful shoe box gift project. Please contact me, Wendy Huang, Mission’s Deacon at this link if you want more info or would like to host a shoe-box party. God bless you!
the Shoe-box Lady