• Thursday, Oct 28: Young Adults Fellowship meeting at Jonathan Weng’s home. Looking at Matthew’s Gospel (7:30 PM).
• Friday, Oct 29: Everglow Youth Fellowship – Bowling night (7:30 PM Youth Room 160).
• Sunday, Oct 31:
– Youth Sunday School (10 AM Youth Room 160): Galatians study
– English Worship (11 AM Second Floor) Tim Tseng speaks on “Rebooting Repentance” (Luke 19:1-10)
– Sisters’ fellowship [college and up] will meet at church between 2:30-4 PM. Contact Shirley Tai
– No Agape Family Group meeting
Oct. 28, 2010
Dear Canaan EMers,
Today’s newsletter will be announcements. I’m too excited because the Giants won last night, defeating a previously undefeated Cliff Lee (who is now 7-1). I’m also getting into the Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball league that some of our young adults to playing. So no time to reflect – will save that for next week.
Now to the announcements:
1. Canaan’s session moved to invite me to serve as the regular pastor for English ministry. Right after service this Sunday, Pastor Su will make the official announcement and then facilitate a meeting with anyone interested in raising questions or sharing your thoughts.
2. 30th Anniversary Worship Service (Nov. 7). We will begin with a Light Breakfast Fellowship at 10 AM in the Fellowship Hall, followed by a joint service in Worship Hall 1. Photos from our English Ministry’s past are requested for a 2-3 minute slide presentation to be shown at worship. Please email scanned or digital photos to William Tai by this Friday!
4. From Elder Ming Yuan Wu and Vincent Chen re: the Canaan Cup:
Elder Ming Yuan Wu is organizing a Table Tennis tournament on Sunday afternoon, Nov. 7th. Vincent Chen wants to form a team for English Ministry to participate. He is looking for 6-10 people to play singles and/or doubles. Here is Elder Wu’s letter to us:
Dear English ministry brothers and sisters,
To celebrate Canaan’s 30th anniversary, after joint Sunday service of 11/7, the Canaan Cup will start at 1:30pm at PingPong area. This is a fun competition and a fellowship oriented game. I’ve pasted the rules for the Ping-Pong competition below.
As of now there are 4 teams registered from TS, and one team from MS. I would like to encourage ES to come out a team to participate. There will be lots of fun and great prizes, so come and enjoy.
In addition, there is a reception in the fellowship hall for people who are not playing.
You are welcome to invite your friends, families to join us to celebrate Canaan 30th anniversary. There will be video click, slide show and sharing in the fellowship hall to witness God’s blessings in the past 30 years at Canaan. You may also have fellowship with others. Refreshment and beverage will be provided.
Thanks and God bless
Rules for Canaan Cup Table Tennis Fun Competition
1. Group competition–District, Fellowships, Mandarin group, English Group
2. Match – Best of 7, 4 singles, 3 doubles. Each set is best of 3.
3. Championship – Each set is best of 5
4. Draw, single elimination
5. Team members – Minimum 6 people and unlimited numbers. Each team member is limited to one single match and one double match for every group competition.
Cap for handicap – Maximum 5 points + serve one ball. The team that gives points to the other team has the right to serve first.
Cheer leaders – Prize for cheer leading from each team. Pastors and Elders are invited as judges.
Well, have a great weekend! See you Sunday!
Tim Tseng 曾 祥 雨
Interim English Ministry Pastor