December 15, 2011
Dear Canaan EM’ers and friends,
What an exciting weekend! I was rejuvenated by the fresh energy that our English and Youth Leadership Team brought to our retreat last Saturday. 2012 will be a great year for our church community!
Also, Worship Hall 1 was packed during our all-church worship. it was wonderful to see our different generations and language groups worship together as we welcomed our new members and officers.
Our Advent celebration continues this Sunday in English worship (10 AM, second floor) with more youth presentations and special music. Afterwards, youth and adults will host a second hour reception to welcome our newest members and to share the results of our town hall survey. So come and celebrate with us!
One final thought. At our English and Youth Leadership retreat, one of the themes that came up repeatedly is the importance of knowing why we come to Canaan. I’m happy to say that your leaders found many exciting reasons to be part of Canaan’s community. We’ll share some of them during the reception this Sunday. Throughout 2012, our English ministry will be reminded about our raison d’être. Just as Peter reminded the early Christians to
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. (1 Peter 3:15, NIV)
May we also have a ready answer to share with those who asks us why we follow Christ and why we follow Christ at Canaan!
See you Sunday!
* * * *
2012 CANAAN AWARDS NOMINATIONS!
From Tiffany Tzuang
We are seeking NOMINATIONS for the 2012 CANAAN AWARDS! Here are the categories for awards which will be given on Friday evening, Feb. 17. Please email me [email] your nominees or fill out a form and return it to me no later than Dec. 25th.
Write down your nominees for the following categories (just one per category)!
* Generosity, the missional one:
* Busy Bee, the one who is busy caring for new & old members:
* Freshly Minted Parents, those who just become new parents:
* Dedicated Everglow Core Team Member, current term:
* Best Youth Counselor, current term:
* Most Athletic:
* Clownfish, the jokester:
* Rock & Roll Member of the Year, from the praise team:
* Miss Congeniality, most affable lady:
* Best Man, most affable man:
* Aspiring Creative, the one who’s in the arts:
* Phoenix, the one’s who has managed a tough year so far:
* Any other categories + nominees?: