Greetings Canaan EM’ers and friends,
Betty and I have had a great time staffing the English Ministry welcome table at Vacation Bible School this week. I’ve had a chance to talk to many parents and kids. It is exciting to see God at work in their families through VBS itself and the relationships that are formed! Please pray for all the families and staff as we head into our last two days of VBS!
Some quick, important announcements:
1. This Sunday will begin with an all-church worship service at 10 a.m. in Worship Hall 1 on the first floor. We will welcome new members and celebrate the Lord’s Supper. Please be sure to come early or you may not get a seat!
2. Following worship, the English ministry will have a welcome gathering and reception on the second floor (11:30 a.m. Worship Hall 3). We will have an opportunity to hear from our newest members and celebrate their decisions for Christ and to join our church family.
3. Our young adults will have a large group activity next Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. The latest I’ve heard is that they will go bowling! Please stay tuned for confirmation.
4. Church Sports Day for the entire family at Baylands Park, Sunnyvale will be on this Saturday, 8/18 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.). We will have BBQ, Softball tournament between the different ministries of the church, and All-Star activities (hit, throw and kick balls) for the kids (with medals for participation). The cost is $5.00 for adults and free for kids in High School and under. Let your small group or fellowship leader know if you are coming – or email James Chang [Email James] – as soon as possible!
5. De Anza College Welcome Dinner for International Students (Thurs, 8/30, 5-7pm at Valley Church Student Center, 10885 N. Stelling Road, Cupertino, CA 95014, sponsored by International Students, Inc. Table Hosts needed! Contact William Effendy [Email William] for more information. There will be mandatory training for Table Hosts for this event on either:
Sunday, Aug. 19, 1-3:30 p.m. (Valley Church Campus Center) OR
Saturday, Aug. 25, 9-11:30 a.m. (Valley Church Student Center)