August 16, 2012
Greetings Canaan EM’ers and friends,
We’ve all experienced it. Whether we’ve applied for college admission, taken a test, interviewed for a job, read scripture during worship, given a piano recital, or participated in job evaluation, we’ve all had to have our performance reviewed. For many who grew up in families with high expectations, performance generates such anxiety that it becomes a joyless experience. Knowing this, many enter the work force reluctantly.
Solomon, in all his wisdom, said this:
I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. (Ecclesiastes 3:12-13, NIV)
How can one find satisfaction at work? Whether we are home makers, professionals, factory workers, or pastors and missionaries, how can our work provide satisfaction rather than performance anxiety? How do Christ’s disciples walk to work?
This Sunday’s message in English worship will address this topic. So be sure to come to 10 a.m. worship! Come early and enjoy refreshments and pre-worship fellowship!
Tim Tseng 曾 祥 雨 :: PhD
Pastor of English Ministries
Canaan Taiwanese Christian Church
P.S. Check out my new blog entry at timtseng.net – I’ve posted my latest article for Inheritance Magazine there.
Walk Like Disciples!
Sign up to help with worship service!
* * * *
ANNOUNCEMENTS BRIEFS (check the announcement page for details https://canaanem.org/announcements/).
- Church Sports Day for the entire family at Baylands Park, Sunnyvale will be on this Saturday, 8/18 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.).
- De Anza College Welcome Dinner for International Students (Thurs, 8/30, 5-7pm at Valley Church Student Center, 10885 N. Stelling Road, Cupertino, CA 95014, sponsored by International Students, Inc. Table Hosts needed!
- Everglow is looking for people who are willing to serve as Youth Counselors for this upcoming school year (2012-2013).
- The Agape family fellowship is hosting a camping trip during the weekend of Sept 7-9, at New Brighton State Beach, near Capitola.
- TAITA-SV is hosting a seminar
tomorrowMonday evening, 8/20 (6:30 p.m.) on Career, Entrepreneurship, and Life – A Continuum by Milton Chang (Managing Director of Incubic Management LLC and author of Toward Entrepreneurship)