September 20, 2012
Greetings Canaan EM’ers and friends,
Small groups are laboratories of grace. They are gardens for planting a culture of grace. As our groups meet, it may be tempting to be less than gracious to one another as we get to know each other better. So I encourage everyone to approach each small group meeting as an opportunity to sow and plant seeds of graciousness. In other words, go to the small groups ready to give something of yourself. Be ready to say a word of encouragement to each other. In the exchange of kindness and love, your group will be energized and open to hearing God’s voice! Go to https://canaanem.org/small-groups/ for updated information.
Adult Second Hour updates
- This Sunday, our Adult Second Hour will begin a new class on “Finances and Current World Concerns” led by Bob Lin. Email him for more information.
- Youth and Adults! Canaan H2O Bike Ride led by Mike Ling! Bring your bike next Sunday (9/30), and join us for a casual 7-mile bike ride around Alviso and Don Edwards National Wildlife Refuge. We’ll depart right after the English service and be back in time for lunch. Help is available if your bike needs to be transported to church, or needs a tune-up. Contact Mike Ling before next Sunday. Join the fun!
- In October, Ed Chen will lead a second class on “Your Life, Your Choices,” which will discuss decision making. Contact Ed Chen for more information.
Sign up to provide refreshments for pre-worship snack time
We especially would like to invite our youth and young adults to provide refreshments. Youth can ask their parents to help them buy their favorite snack items! You (or your parents) will be reimbursed or receive a donation receipt. Sign up at http://bit.ly/emworship12 Contact Deacon James Chang for more details.
Upcoming Equipping Events
- Saturday 9/26: Overseas Missionary Fellowship Heart for Asia Conference at Community Baptist Church of San Jose (9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.). The 2012 OMF International Heart for Asia Conference, in partnership with Community Baptist Church of San Jose, seeks not only to create awareness of God’s mighty and proactive works in East Asia, but also to facilitate and equip God’s people into their next steps towards their missions journey with the Lord. This conference is a one-day event set out to immerse you in transforming messages, personal dialogue with East Asian people-group advocates, powerful testimonies, guiding connections with various ministries, intimate and engaging prayer time for the nations and all out worship of our King of kings. To register go to omf.org/omf/us/get_involved__1/regions_events/northwest_region
- 9/27-29: New Awakening San Jose Conference, organized by JAMA. To be held at Jubilee Christian Center and Emmanuel Presbyterian Church. For more information, pick up a brochure on the back table or go to jamanewawakening.com Workshops are held on Saturday; speakers on Thursday and Friday evenings
See you Sunday!
Walk Like Disciples!