Greetings Canaan EM’ers and friends,
We will face our biggest challenge of the year to our faith this Sunday! Can we make it to church for worship an hour earlier? Yes, daylight savings time is upon us. Please don’t forget to move your clocks ahead an hour.
Kidding aside, I believe that the real greatest challenge for many of us will be to consider Canaan our Truest Family (i.e., what Timothy Keller calls the church). How can children, youth, singles, and married people come together at Canaan and become a True Family – Christ’s transforming presence in the world?
This Sunday’s message will suggest when our hearts are transformed by the gospel, we will be able to share our lives and our love to one another with grace and truth. We cannot rely on our own strength to build a loving and caring community. But we can yield our minds, hearts, and desires to the Holy Spirit so that he can bring us together as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Once we are yielded to his leading, we become more sensitive to how God has gifted us. We become aware that we are called to ministry regardless of our abilities, status, or seasons of life. We are then moved to serve within and outside of Canaan.
When you and I have our next conversation, could you prayerfully consider how God might be leading you in ministry and service? It would be great for our church if every one of us is actively seeking God’s will and serving. But it is more for the sake of your walk with Christ and spiritual growth.
The more we yield to God, the more joyful our engagement with God’s word and our service at Canaan will be. And God will transform us to become the Truest Family!
See you Sunday!
P.S. Here is a list of Opportunities to serve at Canaan. Please let me know if you feel led to engage your faith with us:
- Worship (Praise band, greeters, MC, Scripture Reader, preaching, worship hall upkeep, sound tech, decorations and design)
- Small Group Coordinators
- Sunday School/Second Hour teachers
- Youth Counselors/Adult sponsors
- College ministry start up and outreach volunteers
- Young Adult Life Stage coordinators
- Marriage and Family Life Stage coordinators
- Children’s Ministries teachers and/or assistants
- Outreach (service and evangelism)
- Facility care
- Deacons and Elders (2 year term)
- Graphic designers
- Communication and website
- Taiwan Short Term Missions
- Easter Children’s Ministry Event on 3/24 (Palm Sunday)
- Good Friday service (Mar 29, 7:00 p.m.)
- Vacation Bible School 2013.
- English Adult Retreat (June 21-23, tentative)
- Many others