November 5, 2013
I’m sending this update earlier than normal because I want to encourage people to go to the Young Adults Large Group Fellowship tomorrow evening. Our two young adult small groups have been wonderfully blessed. They’ve provided space for intimacy, trust, and accountability – all of which are critical for spiritual growth.
But I hope our young adults also believe that they make a world of difference. They are called by God to be influencers for Christ! This may be hard to see this right now. But believe me, a bigger and more exciting vision will be revealed as they gather for worship, prayer, and fellowship as a large group.
So come to church tomorrow at 7:45 p.m. Don’t miss out! The Young Adults Fellowship will meet in the Fellowship Hall. I’ll see you all there!
* * *
Be a Confluencer and serve the Lord at Canaan and in God’s world! Download this opportunity sheet and return the completed form to me by the end of November. Download at: https://canaanpromise.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/2014-ctcc-em-confluencer.docx
If we all do a little, Canaan can accomplish even more for God’s Kingdom! 2014 is our year to Confluence God’s world!
* * *
2. This Sunday (Nov 10):
– English worship (10 a.m., WH3). I will preach on “Resident Aliens” (Genesis 47:1-12). A family reunion away from home!
– Adult Second Hour (11:30 a.m., Fellowship Hall). Operation Christmas Child packing party!
• Please consider packing 1 or 2 shoeboxes as a family to bless needy children.
• Or donate goodies (check brochure for ides) or $20 to Wendy Huang.
• Return all packed shoeboxes by 11/24.
– Youth Sunday School (11:30 a.m., Room 160). Jesus as God (John 14:5-11; 20:24-29)
3. Children’s Ministry Announcements. Email or talk to Nicole Lu [email Nicole].
– Join the Children’s Ministry 2013-2014 School Year Team!
Enjoy working with kids?
Enjoy sharing about God?
Please come and serve as Teachers or Assistants. Talk to Nicole Lu for more info.
– Help your child prepare for church…
• Prepare offering
• Bring a snack
• Bring signed “Take Home Paper” if child did an activity or memorized Bible verse
• Be on time – Little Worship and Children’s Worship begins at 10am
• 1st to 6th graders – bring Bible
4. Congregational meeting notice.
Our annual congregational meeting for members will be held on November 17, 2013 (11:30 a.m. Worship Hall 1). One of the responsibilities of Canaan membership is attending the annual congregational meeting. Anyone is welcome to attend the meeting, although only voting members may cast ballots. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early on November 17 for registration and ballot pickup so that the meeting can begin promptly at 11:30. Registration and ballot pickup will begin at 11:20. Please visit congregationalmeeting.ecanaan.org to access the meeting notice, agenda, 2014 budget proposal and 2013 Book of Order revision. Limited quantities of printed copies of these files are available for pick-up in the Fellowship Hall for those who do not have internet access. View the entire congregational meeting notice at https://canaanem.org/announcements/
5. Our EM Christmas Party and Town Hall will be held on Sunday, Dec 8 during second hour (11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.). Volunteers to plan and lead the party are sought! Please let me know if you are interested.
6. Our next new member welcome service will be Dec 15. If you are interested in joining Canaan through baptism, confirmation, or member transfer, let me know by Nov 17. All are encouraged to join the Canaan Basics introduction seminar on Sat, Dec 7 at 9 a.m.
7. Christmas Music Celebration (12/14, 3pm, Jubilee Center) hosted by Nor Cal Taiwanese American Christian Churches (NCTACC). Canaan will join an interchurch Hallelujah Chorus Choir at the celebration. Rehearsals will be held on 10/19, 11/9, 11/23, 12/7 (4-6PM, WH1) with a final one on 12/14 (11:00-12:30, WH!) with singers from all churches and a stage rehearsal at Jubilee after lunch. Please contact Wendy Huang to confirm the next rehearsal.
See you on Sunday!
Tim Tseng 曾 祥 雨 :: Ph.D.
Pastor of English Ministries