August 20, 2014
Dear Canaan English Ministry members and friends,
Did you feel the first chill of autumn? Now that our – well – interesting retreat is over (at least the English adults and youth had great speakers), we can look forward to a season of harvest:
- School is starting again for children, youth, and young adults – a year more mature and, hopefully, wiser! On Sept. 7, we will welcome six graders to our English worship service.
- While many of our adults will be camping on Sept. 12-14, we will have a youth oriented worship service on the 14th.
- We’ll continue our sermon series on the Acts, where topics such as “faith and work,” “simplifying our lives,” and “discerning God’s will” will be addressed.
It will be an exciting season!
Now some ANNOUNCEMENTS…
1. THIS SUNDAY: Deacon Stanley Chow [email] seeks some “muscle power to move the piano and electronic drum set from 2nd floor to Worship Hall 3 after service.”
2. END OF SUMMER COLLEGE FELLOWSHIP: Stephen Chen and Terrance Chang will lead a college group/fellowship for the remaining summer month before quarter system schools start in early October. They will meet on Wednesday nights from 8-9:30pm at Canaan or until they find a homier place to meet. They’ll be reading Just Do Something: A Liberating Approach to Finding God’s Will.
3. LUKE MEDICAL MISSIONS CONFERENCE: Heard about the Ebola virus? Why do medical missionaries risk their lives? Find out on Aug 29-31 at the annual Medical Missions conference at Canaan. It’s free of charge. You are also welcome to just show up in certain sessions. Registration forms will be available for you to drop off in a collecting box located in the Worship Hall 1 lobby, or you can go to http://www.LCMMUSA.org to register on line.
4. GUEST SPEAKER on August 31. Dr. Scott Murray will preach on “Go Do it! To the least!” (Mt 28:16-20). During the community hour, he will stay and be interviewed, Crystal says, “Dr. Murray, a medical missionary and also a fellow OMFer … was one of the early workers in Manorom Christian Hospital in Central Thailand (which closed just a few years ago.) He’s a legend.”
5. Share about yourself in CANAAN PEOPLE – go to this link and get featured – bit.ly/iamcanaanpeople
See you Sunday!
Tim Tseng 曾 祥 雨 :: PhD
Pastor of English Ministries