Thursday, October 29, 2015
Greetings, Canaan English ministries members and friends!
It has been a very long time since I last posted an update. Please accept my apologies – especially if the updates have been helpful. Even though I have much to share, I’ll limit this update to announcements. See you Sunday!
– Pastor Tim [email]
P.S. If you would like to see the slides I shared for the Advanced Doctrine class I led last Sunday, click this picture to download the PDF.
- Canaan YES Festival, Saturday – 10/31 (5 – 8 pm, Fellowship Hall).
Invite your friends! The English Ministry will manage 3 to 4 booths (Youth+Families: 2 to 3 booths, Young Adults: 1 booth). We are looking for more helpers. Please contact Stanley Chow [email] if you would like to staff a booth or help out!
2. Youth update:
First, there is no fellowship this Friday. Instead, we are inviting all the youth and their families to join our church’s Canaan YES festival on Saturday which is from 5-8pm. For those who want to be even more involved, some of the youth will be making Spam Musubi to sell at the Canaan YES. They will be meeting at Jack Wang’s home (41788 Maywood st, Fremont) on Saturday at 3pm. Please let his family know if your child would like to go help.
Next, there is no Sunday 2nd hour class this week. Instead, we will be helping out with the Operation Christmas Child Shoebox packing. Our youth will be helping the Children’s Ministry pack shoeboxes during 2nd hour. The youth have their own packing party next Friday (11/6).
Pastor Chris Liu [email]
3. OCC Packing Party. Sunday 11/1 at 11:30am
Please remember to bring a toothbrush and toothpaste for your own shoebox. Because in addition to help the children pack shoebox gifts, everyone including the youth will pack a shoebox gift for a child in need. Bring extra sets of toiletries if you want to pack an extra box.
Optional, write a note with a photo of yourself to put inside of the box. (Children who receive the shoebox gifts love to know who pack the lovely gift for them).
Save a child, Save a family, Build a church!
Wendy Huang [email]
4. TGIF is going bowling on Friday, 11/6 (7PM, Cloverleaf Bowl in Fremont). Non-TGIF’ers are welcome to join! Contact Mike Ling for details [email Mike].
5. Our new College and Post-College Small Group meets on Thursdays at 8 pm. For more info, contact Chris Su [email]
7. Herald Chorale concert will be held on Saturday, 11/7 (3-6 pm, Emmanuel Korean church next door – 4435 Fortran Drive). Bring elderly friends. Ushers are in needed. Please contact Wendy Huang or visit hcmsf.org.
8. Applications for baptism and membership are due on Nov 8. Contact Pastor Tim.
9. Operation Christmas Child (OCC) packing party. Nov 13/Friday Evening at Canaan. Led by Youth Parents and a Potluck. Bring items for the shoeboxes as well if you have any. Contact Wendy for more details.
10. 2015 Congregational meeting (11/15 at 11:30, Worship Hall 1). All are welcome to attend, but only active Canaan members may cast ballots. Please check your membership status which is posted in the Fellowship Hall. Requests for corrections will be accepted through November 8. No changes will be accepted at registration on November 15